Our Bengaluru’s weather is chilly these days with Cyclone winds and rains. Perfect weather to try out recipe of Mirchi Pakoda i had been eying since long.
This Mirchi Pakoda is stuffed with potato and spice mix and then coated with Gram flour (besan ) batter.
I had bought these Bhajji Mirchi few days back . I had marinated them with tamarind , carom seeds ( ajwain ) ,salt and asafoetida (hing.).It remained in the refrigerator for two days as i was not finding right occasion or time to proceed with the recipe. So Monday chilly and windy morning I made it for the breakfast and packed some in Hubby’s tiffin too.
Its a yummy recipe for keeps.
Ingredients: Taking 7-8 Mirchi
- tamarind pulp around 2 tsp
- salt as per taste
- ajwain 1/4 tsp
- hing 1/4 tsp
- Potatoes 2 big or 3-4 small ones
- a small pinch of hing
- a good pinch of kasoori methi
- a good pinch of amchoor ( remember we have already coated the mirchis with tamarind )
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- coriander leaves a small bunch chopped fine ( we will use them in stuffing as well as batter )
- 1 long green chilli finely chopped ( you can omit it or increase the amount of green chilli as per your taste )
for masala powder to be dry roasted and added to stuffing
- 1/2 tsp cummin seeds ( jeera)
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds ( saunf )
- 1 tsp coriander seeds ( dhania )
- 2 red dry chillies
- 1 1/2 cup Besan
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1/2 tsp heeng
- 1/4 tsp Ajwain
- some turmeric powder
- water and salt
My recipe is hugely inspired by Farrukh Aziz”s. She is a good friend, cook and exceptional photographer too. Thank you dear. Keep writing.