What an idea of having cheesecake and brownie together.
So many ingredients may be intimidating but once you gather everything as i do ….and weigh and measure them all….its a cake walk LOL.
I begin with noting down the recipe on a piece of paper. That ways i go through everything once and kind of get into cooking mode. Apna apna style hai…:D . This recipe is taken from Khusboo Kothari”s Blog. I have started trusting her recipes blindly now….
Ok so for Cheesecake she recommends lemon and its zest. My lemons had no life in them but my oranges were plump and sweet. So in my recipe i used orange rinds and used peeled 4pcs of orange. You can see them in the red measuring cup . Also i used home made cream cheese made with yogurt and cottage cheese. ( dahi and paneer ). I found tofu and pureed it with little water around 2 tbsps. My blenders were not able to puree without that. I guess one can grate them first and then puree.
Ingredients for Cheesecake.
- 226 gms Cream Cheese.
- 125 gms puree of silken or any other tofu ( hung curd can be used too)
- 75 gms castor sugar
- 1 Tbsp Cornflour
- 4 pc of orange peeled and broken. You can use lemon juice 1 tbsp too
- 1/2 tsp orange zest ( lemon zest can be used )
- pinch of salt
Ingredients for Brownies
- 1 cup or 113 gm Flour
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder ( i use Hershey’s )
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 85 gms of silken tofu puree
- 56 gms choclate peices or chips
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp lemon juce ( i used apple cider vinegar )
- 75 gms soft unsalted butter
- 3 tbsp Oil ( i used canola oil )
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract.